Bands wishing to play at The Deadhorse should contact/book directly through: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Please include in the subject line of the email your band name only! The body of the email should include a link to your website (i.e. facebook, reverbnation, youtube).
Currently The Deadhorse has live music every Friday and Saturday night. We generally DO NOT charge cover. We occasionally try and accommodate touring bands that route through during the week.
The Deadhorse has a 460 person capacity. Smoking is currently NOT ALLOWED inside the entire venue per San Angelo City Ordinance.
These questions get asked a lot so here we go:
(partial list – still under construction)
– Load In 8pm
– 3 hour limit for street parking on weekdays 9am-5pm.
– Parking behind bar or nearby parking lots after 6:00PM.
– Do not block alley – No overnight parking
– Keep back door closed unless loading
– No Drinks outside bar
– No smoking inside venue. Includes stage and backstage area.
– Employee drink prices for bands
– No guest list. Everyone except Band Members pay IF there is cover.
– All band members will show I.D.
– No WIFI available
– No Dressing Room/Green Room
– No shower
– Last scheduled band MAY backline with amps tight against back wall
– Drums CAN NOT backline – Don’t put/leave them on stage
– Stage /drum riser dimensions below – MAKE YOUR GEAR FIT
-****NO PYRO WITHOUT PERMISSION****
-****NO BANNERS ATTACHED TO OUR WALLS OR STAGE****
-The Deadhorse provides house sound & lighting as well as on staff sound/lighting engineer. Bands’ engineers are not allowed under any circumstance unless cleared BEFORE performance date by a representative of The Deadhorse.
– Sound level check immediatly before each band plays.
– Set Start Times:
(1) band – 11pm
(2) bands – 10:00, 11:00
(3) bands – 9:30, 10:30, 11:30
(4) bands – 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00
***set times are approx and MAY change night of event
– Sets end when sound engineer says – watch the clock
– 20 mins between each band – move quick….drink/talk after
– BAND MEMBERS ONLY in backstage area – no exceptions
– No Illigel drugs anywhere on premises – zero tolerance
– All bands get paid after last band finishes playing.– If you leave the bar without getting paid you forfeit your money.
– Load Out before 2:00 am
…….more to be added later
The Deadhorse provides house sound & lighting as well as on staff sound/lighting engineer. Bands’ engineers are not allowed under any circumstance unless cleared BEFORE performance date by a representative of The Deadhorse.
–Mixer: Yamaha MGP32X Mixer
(32 channels, 4 monitor mixes, 2 DSP effects)
Presonus ACP-88 (8 channels compression/gate)
–Mains: (2) Peavey SP-7X, (2) Peavey SP-4, (4) Peavey SP-218
QSC4050 HD (Lows)
(2) PV2600 (Mids), Peavey CS800 (highs)
DBX 234XL 3-way crossover
DBX 231 Stereo 31-Band EQ
–Monitors: (3) Yamaha CM15
(3) Yamaha CM12V
(2) PV-2600, (1) PV-1500
(2) Peavey Q-231F 2 Ch. 31 Band EQ
–Mics: (5) Shure SM58, (5) Shure SM57, (1) Audix D6, (5) Sennheiser E604, etc.
–Lighting: Elation DMX Controller, Dimmers, (8) LED PAR38, (2) LED ColorStrips